Tuesday, August 23, 2005

First Day Of School

I'll basically just write what I wrote in my "diary" for my first day of school. I actually call it a notebook. I just write notes and observations, so it is NOT a diary. A diary is a place where you bag on your parents or write how cute that dude next to you in math class is. Ew! Nobody laugh....

It has been the craziest day I have had in a long time. It started out with me setting out to take movies back before class. As I was on the way to Blockbuster, I realized my class started at 10:00-not 10:30 like I thought. Ouch! I think I spaced out on it since I have been trying hard not to think about it. Well, I was obviously late to anthropology. Whoops! But it wasn't too bad. The class seems interesting except I have to do group projects. Ugh! I hate that type of stuff. I want my own grade. Not someone else's. Next: sociology. Pretty okay, I doubt it will be a very interesting class. But the teacher seem nice enough. Then geography. Teacher seems like a cool guy. He used to coach football and baseball. Anyway, I have to buy an atlas and a compass for the class. And I might have to get a different edition anthropology book-mine wasn't the right one. So much for being prepared...
Next part of day: Vet's office. Good to be back. I haven't gone all summer. Hmm, that reminds me that I have to log what I did. Argh!
Next: Practice. I stunk really bad! And one of my dummy teammates was having a lot of fun making fun of me. Talk about confidence plummeting! And I'm starting to get REALLY nervous about next weekend's game. I guess I just need to have fun, right?

Later:
I'm working on my sociology chapter. This class could turn out to be...interesting. Quote from book:
"Human actions are limited or determined by 'environment'. Human beings become what they are at any given moment not by their own free decisions, taken rationally and in full knowledge of the conditions, but under the pressure of circumstances with delimit their range of choice and also fix their objectives and the standards by which they make choices (Shiles, 1985, p. 805)".
We can't blame everything on circumstances! We have choices and many times bad things are consequences of human stupidity.

I deleted a few things. Some things I didn't feel like posting on the net. And some things I just had to change my attitude on and decided that it was rude. :<) Sorry if all of that is really random, but my notebook is really random.