Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Tuesday

*Edit* I think I am understanding more and more how God works. One of my biggest fears in life has been that God will take away my dreams and desires and give me something mediocre. He is really opening my eyes to the true reality though.
Today I got a letter in the mail saying that I was taken off the waiting list for College of the Ozarks. Honestly, if I had gotten that letter a few months back, I would have been devastated. I was placing everything in that. Honestly, at this point, for some reason, I'm okay with it. In the past weeks, I have come to realize that I am happy where I am at. The school I attend has a fantastic science program, I can transfer my credits straight to CSU-FC for vet school (if this is where God is leading), God has taught me some amazing things at this school, I have strengthened family relationships tremendously, and I have made some great friends or restarted friendships.
If I had gone to Missouri, I never would have met or got back together with Audra, Kasey, Mikaela, or Carly. You guys are awesome! First time coffee drinking, some amazing rock climbing, intense running (I did my first eleven with two of you guys!), amazing encouragement from my "lost" friend Carly, some sweet sledding, Espanol speaking, and soon to be weddings *winks* I may have missed. Oh, and I can't forget Africa. Who knows if I would have ended up there...
Okay, so my edit is turning out way longer than I planned. All this to say, God has blessed me in the place I am. I want to live every day in that realization and never diminish any of it by wishing I was somewhere else! *End Edit*

"NEVER PUT A BRACKET ON INFINITY!" So said my calculus teacher in class this morning. Yes, he yelled this statement at 8:30 in the morning, effectively waking all of us up. We were working on domains and ranges...but it is funny regardless of what we were learning about. This one is going in my notebook. :)

Tuesdays I only have two classes. I got done at ten today, did my calc homework-which literally consisted of sixteen pages-and headed out to the vet's office. Then I had to buy a one hundred dollar calculator and a thirty-five dollar "clicker" to take attendance with in evolution/ecology. That was a little stinky, but, now, I have a calculator that could possibly become smart enough to take over the world someday!

I am planning a spaghetti dinner to raise money for Africa. It will be on February 3rd if anyone lives close by and is interested. I have a neighbor that volunteered to make two pots, and then I am going to use my in house resources for the rest of the pots and the breadsticks, AKA my Mom and sister. I will help, of course, but they will have to let me know what kind of spaghetti sauce to make. I need something that will make a lot for a little.
Update: I have reached the $755.00 mark! Praise His faithfulness!

Labels: