Friday, July 07, 2006

Vacation

It is time for me to write a certifiable post. I would try to tell you all about my vacation, but that is basically impossible. So much happened that it just isn't possible to summarize it. Therefore, I will just write some of the highlights. Okay, first thing that comes to mind is ocean sunsets. We were in Monterey right before it set, and I was just completely in awe. The waves were crashing up against the rocks, the sky was brilliant, and it even smelled great. I guess these things just go to show that nature really does give us reason to praise God. This may sound drastic, but I feel like I could have died right then and I would have been happy. I felt so amazed by God, and it was a perfect place to be. So, yeah, that would be highlight number one.

Highlight number 2: God really talked to me about some issues concerning leadership. I realized that I was not being the leader to my siblings that I have the responsibility and opportunity to be. I have so much influence over them, and I made the mistake of forgetting that. I just thank God for his grace and willingness to remind us of the things we forget. Leadership is influence!

Highlight number 3: I realized the importance of pursuing answers from God. Usually, I ask something, don't get an answer, and just decide to go with the flow of life. Big mistake! At camp, I was determined to press on until he gave me an answer on a specific question I had. I kept going until I got that answer. It may have been a hard decision, but in the end, I know that it will be the best thing. The best thing because it is His will, and not mine.

Miscellaneous stuff: Don't go to Menlo College. The dorms are CRAZY!
Have you ever had an open faced turkey sandwich? Oooh, I did for the first time. Yummy!
Don't you love it when God absolutely forces you to get out of your comfort zone. I would never have done it otherwise. Thanks, God!
Must read more. Ah! I wish I could just dedicate half my life to reading.
I'm in that place once again....
How drastically life changes in such a short amount of time.
To God alone be the glory!
Ghiradelli ice cream rocks, just don't get the earthquake.
HB Danika! :)
I made a several foot long Starburst wrapper chain from the wrappers I accumulated at camp. It is way cool!

Okay, I'll stop now. More later. Chao! And have a great weekend. Anyone going to see "Pirates of the Carribbean"?