Thursday, December 08, 2005

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment...instead it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. 1 Peter 3:3,4

This is definantly one of my favorite verses! Usually, I am not a person that gets real absorbed with all the physical beauty junk, but sometimes it is certainly hard when you are surrounded by people who's whole lives are based on physical beauty. It seems like so many of my peers and friends are obsessed with the physical. Whether it be just a group of girls or guys and girls, no one seems to take the time to get to know the real person. Rather than aquaint themselves with a person's personality, likes and dislikes, or walk with God, it is all...fluff. So, when I find myself surrounded by this way of thinking and, needless to say, find myself getting wrapped up in it, I try to remember this verse. God totally loves me just the way I am! He made me with that stupid curl right in the middle of my stick straight hair, the skin that wants to break out every other day, and all the other stuff about myself I tend to zone in on. I guess he liked me that way, so I should try and like me that way.