Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Submissions

Well, I submitted my first ever stuff to Virtue Magazine. I've never submitted anything, so I am really curious to see how it goes. I submitted three papers I had written for college classes, so I am not even sure if it is the right format or not. But, anyway, I am really excited about that!

Last night, me, my Mom, my sister, Tje, and Sarah went to Pueblo. It was a lot of fun! We went to the library (a place I could live), Wal-Mart (a place I live, but wish I didn't), Hobby Lobby (the madre y hermana needed more knitting yarn), Big 5 (I tried to return my lensatic compass, but wouldn't without my Dad's credit card), Barnes and Noble (returned my atlas for a cheaper one), and lastly, Sonic for a wonderful peanut butter fudge shake. Now I get to look forward to a breakout I guess. Ah, the joys of being a teenager!

Talking about knitting reminds me that I forgot to tell you all how my experiment with knitting went. Not well. I tried to do a scarf. I got like three inches long twice in a row and had to take it out, because I kept doing something weird like dropping a stitch. Finally, I got up to like five inches. It looked terrible. So, I took it up again and decided that I will be content with knowing how to knit, but occupy myself with other things I like. Like puzzles, reading, playing guitar, and all that good stuff.

By the way, I finished "The Phantom of the Opera". I really enjoyed it! I thought the first about 1/3 of the book was a little boring-a bunch of unpronouncable French names and sappy ballerinas. But it got better once some intrigue entered. I found it interesting how the author put in "footnotes" to make the book appear more non-fictional. That confused me at first, but once I figured it out, thanks to Rabenstrange, I was amused by it. I would reccommend it and give it 3.5 stars. By the way, it was quite different than the movie! A major character was taken out of the movie.