Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Quiz, Tabs, Labor Day, Book



Your Linguistic Profile:



75% General American English

15% Upper Midwestern

10% Yankee

0% Dixie

0% Midwestern




That was interesting. There was one question where none of the answers were what I would choose, and another I was unsure of. It asked what I called a carbonated drink. Soda, pop, or coke? Well, I used to call it Coke, but so many people in CO made fun of me that I started calling it soda. But I've NEVER called it pop!! :<) Does anyone play guitar? I do! I started learning, because I wanted to join my youth group's band. But I am not really going to do it at all this semester, because I have soccer. So, I am wanting to learn a little bit more than just worship songs. I found a really awesome site where you can search for any song or artist and they will most likely have it. Here it is. The first one I want to learn is my favorite ever song: "Summer of '69".

I didn't really do anything for Labor Day. I worked on homework for hours and hours, went to Wally World, and then went to soccer practice. But practice was pretty pointless, because I got there, did stuff for like 15 minutes, and then left because it was stormy. My first thought was "Waste of gas.....".

I know some of you have read "Phantom of the Opera". I'm almost finished, but I am a little confused. I realize it is fiction, but the author has footnotes in which he indicates that he "thinks" the ghost is real. Does anyone know if this is just to add interesting stuff to the book or if he really thought the ghost was real? Thanks.