Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Incentive

I had an interesting proposal made in geography class today. The teacher said that if we donated supplies or money to the Red Cross, donated blood, or donated clothes to the Salvation Army (for Hurricane Katrina victims), then he would let us not do a test or an essay of our choice. Sounds great, huh? I can't quite decide what I think of it. I think the teacher has a great platform to cause people to help out those in need. But, then again, if it is just to get out of a test, that sounds kinda dumb. At this point, I am planning on donating some clothes, because it just seems dumb not to get out of a test if I can. But then again it is a kind of guilty giving....



Okay, you are all probably wondering why the heck I am posting this funny book bag. It is to illustrate. I have a character that I would SO use if I ever wrote a book. Hee hee! :<) Okay, this guy is hilarious. The description: He has grayish greasy hair. It is pretty long, so he pulls it into this little ponytail. Then he has this handlebar moustache which he enjoys...twisting constantly. He has what I would guess to be either a beer belly or just a poochy belly. He wears cowboy boots and walks like he's ridden a horse all his life. Whenever people see him, he has a little grin on his face. At first they can never figure out what was up with this guy's teeth. They were so white. And straight. And white. :<) Then they figure it out-dentures. Ah ha! Okay, the best part is how he walks into, um, places of learning. Okay, remember the whole cowboy figure thing and the poochy belly. He walks in with a bag just like the one above except it is a little smaller and has rainbow-yes, rainbow handles. He carries it right above his waist. With both hands on the handles. By the way, this guy is a total liberal and rides a motorcycle. Great character, huh? By the way, this guy isn't fictional. He attends the same "place of learning" that I do. :<)