Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Profoundness of Shells

So, this is what I am realizing...I came to do a DTS thinking I was nicely put together, totally on track. Maybe I was. In any case, God is either revealing how broken I am or breaking me down to reform me. I realize what I hid away, buried or tried to change about myself in order to change how I felt or stop feeling hurt. I tried to pretend things didn't effect me. I was to strong for it to get to me, right? No. Not that I should dwell in the hurt or bitterness, but rather that I should acknowledge it and realize that better is completely possible in giving the situations to Him and trusting Him for His results.
The world looks different than I thought really. God works totally differently than than this human world does. He goes against all natural instinct and preconceptions.
So (as I originally wrote this)...wow, I'm at the beach. It has become sinful to be in my room on a Saturday while in HAWAII. I was laying on the sand, and I decided to walk into the water. After picking up two vauna (sea urchins, just not the black ones!!!), I got bored. There was this little pool of water lined with sand. I stuck my hand in and raked up a handful. The excess water and sand dribbled over the side of my hands and through the gaps between my fingers. I was amazed when I took a close look. There wasn't just sand in my hands; there was also some of the tiniest shells I had ever seen. There were like a quarter or an eight of a centimer long (2 millimeters??? It has been too long since university. Ha ha!!!) I am afraid if I attempt to describe them, you will imagine something that isn't as original and creative as the teeny objects lying in the midst of the sand in my hands. Even as I look at them, they begin to grow dull since they are no longer wet. But I will attempt to do them justice....
First, there is one shaped like a cone. The lines on them travel from the bottom to cap off in a tiny blob at the top. It reminds me of tiny circus tent made of pink and white alligator skin. The second one is almost like a tiny conch shell. The base color is like coffee with creamer in it, but someone has taken a microscopic tool and etched lengthwise dark brown trails in it. The third one looks like something an architect would have designed (Guess God is the ultimate architect, huh?) for a modern business building. It is a green blob overlaid with black. It looks like scratch art where someone scratched the upper layer of black off in symmetrical lines to reveal the underlying green. The last piece is probably a piece of a broken shell. It looks like the surface of another planet-purple ground with little white mountains on it.
As I look at these shells, I am told I have some sort of resemblance to them. I am small and often not seen. He sees me every moment of every day though. And when I am seen, I can have a big impact on someone's life.
Conclusion? All creation cries out His praise!! :)

Labels: