Saturday, February 07, 2009

The News for the Week

Five weeks down with only seven to go. C (who has done a DTS before) told me it would fly by, but I wasn't sure how much I really believed her initially. The first few weeks went by fast in a way, but also dragged I suppose. I take a long time to get to know people, so the first few weeks were a lot of work and really tired me out. I have finally gotten used to this place and time has begun to fly by.

I am learning while two actions may look exactly the same from the outside, the inside motives can be completely different, causing different results. I am learning that the goal in life is not to become a Christian and win as many people to Jesus as we can. The point is not to do something good with our lives. The meaning is not to leave some sort of lasting impression on the world. The whole point of life *drumroll* is to love Jesus with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength. From that love, all other things overflow. We learn how to love others. We gain a desire to obey Him. We learn what His heart is like and want ours to be like His.

In lighter news....geckoes fall on people's heads here. It is so cool. I had one fall on my leg earlier this week. It was a cute little baby. I live for this gecko falling phenomena. Talk about excitment when it occurs.
Also, there are tsunami alarms around here. They are supposed to go off the first of every month at noon as a test. Well on February 2nd at 11:45 am the tsunami test alarm went off. Maybe it was really a tsunami. But the town is still around, so I figure Hawaii is just uber chill. :)
I'm making crepes for my DTS. Mom, try not to laugh, but, yeah, I'm cooking. For other people. And they're gonna eat it. The food I cook. And they won't die. Or at least I'm not planning on it. Ha ha!!

Labels: