Friday, November 14, 2008

The Thought of the Day...

So, I've been doing a lot of thinking about things concerning the future and different ideas and plans. I think this just inevitably happens when a person is about to graduate in a few weeks. :) The last thing I want is any part of my life to become apathetic or stagnant. I crave a challenge and am starting to think I am not going to grow out of it.

So, the thought of the day is that we are not truly living until we live to die for something. I think God created us and wired us to live with this type of passion. This thought was inspired while reading a book that my friend Ben gave me. It is the story of the guy who started the YWAM base that I will be going to. The quote that really got me thinking: "I believe there are hundreds of thousands of young people who are just waiting for a really challenging, dangerous job that requires them to give up everything. You may be one. The reward? Being a part of the climaxing event of all history-taking the gospel to every person on earth". -"Making Jesus Lord" by Loren Cunningham

Labels: ,