Sunday, August 17, 2008

My Pride

Manipulation. The word has a new meaning to me as something I am realizing I've been completely sucked into lately. I have made the mistake of putting off studying God's word in a hardcore way this summer. God, forgive my pride in thinking I don't need Your Word to survive this life!! Because of this, I think I have failed to separate the soul and the spirit. What is my carnal man and what are the things that God has placed as pure desires in my life? It is so good to step out of a situation and realize why I was so mixed up and frustrated in the middle of it.

Now I am working on two things upon getting out of the trouble I basically asked for. One, it is crucial to fear God and not men. Why get to mixed up in what people think of me and how I come across when it is only God that I should be worried about. Two, God can make beauty out of my mistakes. My brokenness will be turned into beauty and I choose to trust in that.

Hebrews 4:12-"For the Word of God is living and powerful, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

Matthew 4:4-"But He answered and said, "it is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"

Labels: