Saturday, August 16, 2008

God Totally Knows!

So, the camping trip that I had planned for this weekend was cancelled when we checked the weather and saw that rain and hail and possible snow were part of the forecast. I thought we should rough it out with rain, but when I pondered and realized none of my friends have good camping equipment, I figured that hail and snow would potentially ruin some of them for life. :) Therefore, we opted to go to the Mill. It was a small group of us compared to what was initially going to go camping, but we had fun. I saw a friend that I haven't seen all summer since he has been in Serbia for missions work. We talked a lot about the upcoming year and funny things that have happened in our summers so far. Good stuff!

After making it to the Mill through torrents of rain, I found myself confronted yet again with the subject of authority. It is for sure by this time: God is trying to teach me something about authority. It is something I struggle against so much (with the exception of my parents in general and teachers at school), and I think God is ready to tear down some walls I have built up. I have had experience in my life with potential authority figures (whether it be in church or relationships in which a person will potentially one day be an authority figure) that really turns me off to submitting to a certain kind of authority. I believe it is time to get out my Bible and concordance and really rip apart what it means to submit to authority and in what situations. I will keep you all updated on what I come up with.

God so provides!!! So, because of the job choices I have made this summer, including an unpaid internship and a dirt farmer that gets paid squat, I have very little extra cash. My savings is slowly dwindling. With the time coming up to apply for grad schools and vet schools, I was starting to freak out. I needed about six hundred dollars to cover all the applications, sending in of transcripts, and GRE fees. Frustration was overwhelming me, and I was beginning to wonder if I should even apply. God totally provided in that He led someone to help me out with this process. AMAZING!!!! God knows exactly what I need when I need it!

Labels: