Sunday, April 23, 2006

Guess what!!??

Okay, I think I shared with you guys after spring break a little bit about the Denver missions trip. I can't remember though if I told you about the really cool thing God told me. We went to a park ministry type thing on Saturday and I was basically able to hang out with 1st and 2nd graders the whole afternoon. We flew kites, blew bubbles, had hula hooping contests, and all kinds of great stuff. I really felt like I finally opened up my heart to whatever God might have for me as far as a career goes. I felt like teaching might be an option-which is really weird, because I have never had a desire to do much along those lines. Anyway, I kept that open, but I felt like it was more of God wanting me to keep my heart open. So, I have been trying to do that. Yet, I still get in the rut of just me wanting to feel safe in whatever I know. So, I have kept in the direction of veterinary medicine. However, at church this morning, we were reading in Matthew 17 I believe. We talked about children and how they have so much faith and are open to so much. That led into being open to what God has for us and trusting Him. So, for the first time I am actually taking action in this direction. I am changing my major to elementary education. I can't quite believe that I am doing it. It is a little scary on one hand, but then again I am really excited for what God may have for me. I would really appreciate prayer in staying strong in whatever God may have for me!