Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Heaven Will Be a Giant Library

I LOVE books. I don't know how I survived when I was not able to read. Sometimes I wonder if heaven will be a huge room with lots of comfy chairs and blankets and all the amazing books ever written.

Within the last year or so, I have discovered that I love classics: "Grapes of Wrath", "All Quiet on the Western Front", and "Till We Have Faces" are some of my all time favorites. It seems like every book people have ever told me is boring, I love. It is just a great feeling to take a break from your own life and wrap yourself up in someone else's world. Not just the world of all the characters, but also the author's world. I think writing expresses how someone feels on the inside. Some people may not be able to express themselves very well verbally, but when one can actually create different characters and make them interact, you can really express yourself. And then of course when reading the classics, the language is amazing. Instead of just "cool" or "sweet", there are actually metaphors and similes (I believe....) that very accurately express how a person feels. It can be so frustrating to have an extremely complex idea in your head and not be able to say it. But sometimes I read something in a book that seems like someone looked at my thoughts and very eloquently stated them on paper. I love that! :)

What are some of your all time favorite books?