Monday, June 27, 2005

Swim Meet



Hooray! I feel so happy. I just finished a swim meet yesterday. It was a blast! The first day-Saturday-I only had one event, because we got stormed out before the meet could be finished. But that was okay. The one event that I did-200 free-I made a league time. Wicked cool! On Sunday, I had five events. Big difference from Saturday! I wanted to make a league time on the 50 free which I believe I did. That was very exciting. I also had a 400 relay, 100 breaststroke, and a 200 IM. I didn't have goals for the first two except to do my best. They went well. My goal on the IM was just to finish. Last time I did an IM-two years ago-I did awful. Embaressingly enough, I stopped in the middle of my butterfly. I hate fly. A lot. So, this time, I didn't aspire to any great times. Just finishing. And I did! And amazingly enough, I was really close to a league time. Bizarre! So, I am feeling very happy. It is probably the best meet I have ever been to. It wasn't that way because of the goals I met, but because I was really focusing on just having fun and not being stressed. Usually I get all anxious about things and this time I didn't. It was awesome!