Tuesday, June 28, 2005

My Lesson



A few months ago, I felt like God asked me to sponsor a kid in a foreign country. I asked him over and over again-as if He might be joking with me. Eventually, he gave me a verse that talked about lifting orphans and widows out of the dust. That did it for me. God was definantly outright telling me to do something. So, I picked the cutest little boy in the history of the universe. His name is Kato. I don't have a picture of him, because I am not sure how to use my scanner. But just imagine the cutest little eight-year-old African boy you have ever seen. :<)

Anyway, yesterday was the day that I needed to send in the money. I was really struggling, because my eyes had gotten unfocused on what I was doing. My heart wasn't in it, and I was getting all stressed about the money. I thought I would have to get out money from savings, and I really don't like to do that. (I only had seven dollars in my wallet.) But then God talked to me about my attitude. Ooops. It was really bad. I have so many awesome things, and a small amount of money each month to a little boy who REALLY needs it shouldn't be a problem. So, I basically took a chill pill and straightened out my 'tude. I decided I would just have to make a trip to the bank. But before I did that, I went into my closet and for some reason I haven't quite figured out, I flipped through a notebook I keep of all my money records and stuff. In it, I have envelopes where I put money for savings, gas money, etc. I had totally spaced out that money was in there-for who knows how long. In it, I found more than the money I needed for the payment. I could NOT believe it. God totally "gave" me some money. I was really excited and reminded that God always provides-especially when it is something He has asked us to do.

By the way, here are two websites that allow a person or a family to sponsor a kid. If you feel God's leading, try it. It is way cool! I even get to write letters to Kato. Hooray!

Website #1
Website #2