Monday, September 15, 2008

YWAM

So, to expound on YWAM and all things DTS. YWAM is the second largest missions organization in the world. They have bases in nearly every country worldwide. A DTS is composed of 3 months of lecture and training and 2 months of application on the field. My particular DTS-either Justice DTS or X-Treme Places DTS-will be based in Kona, Hawaii. I chose this base because it is one of the main centers for the International Health Graduate certification program. This is the program I am looking into getting into. A DTS would be the first step. After that, I will be able to move on to specific classes such as vaccinating in third world countries, teaching infant care to mothers, etc. I am really looking forward to hearing back from YWAM within the next month to see if I have been accepted.

Labels: