Wednesday, May 16, 2007

the angels sang a whiskey lullaby

I keep listening to this song over and over...


Looking for a place still. The one we were going to move into ended up being for sale. :) We'll see how that goes. Be anxious for nothing...

"I am confidence in insecurity...I can lose my hard earned freedom if my fear defines my world". How does this work? Again, weaknesses. On one hand, God drills the fact that I am weak hard into me. I acknowledge that. I face it everyday. Yet I am supposed to be confident in all of that. I am supposed to be confident in that fact that God made me specifically, because He wants to use me specifically. Regardless of what people say, this is the way I am supposed to be. Bring on the flag of rebellion, because I refuse to listen to you if you will only tear me down. I will not let what you say tear me down and make me afraid or wonder if I am doing what God wants. God made me to like to wear t-shirts and jeans. A lot. Skirts scare me. :) He made me a little bit shy. He made me interested in crazy stuff like bugs and cells and frogs. He gave me a desire to work in Africa. He didn't make me a prissy flirtatious Barbie doll. He made me despise lipstick, shopping, and high heels. I don't know how to function in the presence of these things. I'm sorry if that makes someone uncomfortable, but I refuse to listen to you telling me I am not who I should be. This is confidence in insecurity. Rant over. :)

Labels: ,