Sunday, April 30, 2006

Results

Well, ATF was excellent! God really did speak. Thanks to everyone who prayed about that. The whole theme of the weekend was running to the battle. Only 4% of our nation's teenagers profess to be Christians. As much as 33% of the world's population has never heard Christ. Another 33% has heard Christ, but has denied Him. The world is in desperate need for some help. I think too often people either profess to love Christ and do nothing about it or act in a completely opposite manner. It inspired me to do several things: pray more often, start a prayer/service group of teenagers, and set aside so many things in life as side issues. I always seem to look at things such as school or a career as the goals in life. I forget that those are side issues. God is the main issue. He left me here to be a light to others.

Once again, however, I am really struggling with direction. I don't know what he wants me to do. I am crying out to Him to lead me. Prayer would be greatly appreciated. I want to do exactly what he wants for me.

*Edit later*
I was looking up some programs like the Teen Honor Academy and 24/7 Worldwide. I feel like they are excellent programs, but I can do things along the same lines in the place I am at now. I have a desire to go on missions as much as possible, but I do not think that long term missions is in the picture for right now. I think I may be the type of person who works as much as they need to sustain myself (and also a family possibly) and then devote the rest to missions and other things God may want. I am so excited for what the future may hold. It seem like this is a time in life where everything is so open. On the one hand, that is a major blessing. On the other hand, it is very scary. I am often afraid of making the right decision. But I really don't think that God is like that-if I am concerned with following Him, I think He will bless that. I want him to do great things with me!