Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I Used To...



I used to LOVE this guy's music. His CD was probably one of the first I ever bought. I still like it, but still it is a little funny that I used to be so obsessed with it. I realize now how much of a dork I was when I was like thirteen or fourteen. Hopefully, I won't look back when I am twenty-one and think I was a dork when I "was" seventeen.

His words are good though. Here is one song I really like. BTW, his name is John Reuben. I always thought that was a funny name.

it's hard lookin back now able to see in/ wishin' to God sometimes that I could do it all again/ man strugglin' can start to take its toll/ 16 years old tryin' to change what you can't control/ and it's not your fault but tell me what can you do when things fall apart and everyone's at you/ with two fingers pointed screamin' get it together/ but who's in the mix to show me any better/ so whatever I'm runnin' on my own solo/ tryin' to make things happen off the little bit I know/ and I guess I'll get what I get but yet I don't want to live my life full of regrets

pre chorus:
to my future in the palm of God's hand/ to my past as of now that I can't understand/ to my future uncertain unclear/ to the past I left to bring me here

the earth rotates and my world keeps spinnin'/ feelin' like I never started but it's all endin'/ and I stand here lonely/ a million familiar faces but yet no one truly knows me/ so I'll try to move on/ and I'll try to know how/ but the truth is I'm really runnin from the now/ I can't handle it I feel like the future's all I got/ don't want to deal with the past I choose memory block to stop how I feel I don't want to be real with it/ run from reality in attempts to deal with it/ but it's not workin' and I'm still hurtin'/ it's not workin' and I'm still searchin'

chorus:
no regrets not regrets but it's hard/ no regrets no regrets I say/ no regrets no regrets I say/ in him in him/

I'm tryin' to live right and pass on what I believe/ yet it's hard to give when you can't receive/ but I'm learnin' slowly n surely/ and I'm secure enough to admit my own security/ see I know somethin in me has got to change/ God of creation I hear you callin' my name/ offerin' peace n joy and freedom from shame/ offerin' nothin' to lose but a life to gain

So, even though the language style is a little dorky, some of the words are cool and encouraging.