Monday, December 25, 2006

Kenya!!!

*Edit* Praise God! I already have a $500.00 pledge!! *End Edit*

Well, here is the letter I am sending out to raise money...If any of you have any ideas on raising money or ways to help....Any money floating around. Ha ha, like anyone has that. Anyway, if anyone has raised money for missions and has ideas, let me know!


To Friends and Family:

Several years ago, God really gave me a heart for orphans through James 1:27. It says, “Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction . . .” I felt a desire to show God’s love to kids that have not had the blessing of a family to love them. Because kids are so open to people, ready to love and be loved, I think orphans are the perfect opportunity to show the love of Jesus. Additionally, God has impressed the orphaned children of Africa on my heart. The HIV/AIDS pandemic is rampant in regions of Africa, and adults are not the only ones affected. Innocent children are also severely hurt.

Recently, God has presented an opportunity for me to visit Kenya to do hands-on work in Encouragement Children’s Home through an organization called A Ministry of Encouragement. I will be leaving the 7th of June, taking an overnight flight to London, and then departing to Nairobi, Kenya. From there, I will fly or be driven to Kisumu in the Western Province of Kenya. I will have the opportunity to work with kids closely for two whole weeks before returning the 23rd of June. If you are interested in learning more, please go to www.kenyaorphans.org.

To pay for this trip, I need to come up with $2,700. This will include flight tickets, ground transportation, lodging, and in country meals. Additionally, I will also need money for immunizations, a visa, and so forth. I am asking that you would consider supporting me financially. Any contribution you can give would make a huge difference to me and the orphans at Encouragement Children’s Home.

Additionally, while I am gone and during the fund raising period, prayer would be appreciated! Second Chronicles 7:14 says “if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land”. As Christians, we have a great gift. We can talk to God and seek His face, asking for healing. Africa is a place that desperately needs the love and healing of Jesus. I am asking that you will pray that the other groups that go down throughout the summer will be able to make a difference and be a light for Him. Additionally, prayer that I will raise the money that is required for this trip is needed.

If you would like to support me financially or let me know that you will be praying for me, here are several ways I can be reached–by address, e-mail, or phone.

Edit: I will just give e-mail address online.
twinkiesaregross@yahoo.com

2 Samuel 22:31-“This God—his way is perfect;
the word of the Lord proves true;
he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him”.

God bless,
Danika

Labels: