Saturday, March 24, 2007

Enduring

"To earlier generations, securing our rights was just a means to ensure we can focus on humbly pursuing God's will. To many of us today, invoking our rights is the opposite: It's a way to arrogantly decree ourselves the only legitimate deciders of moral issues."
This a good reminder to what my real rights are. The one thing I fight for is the ability to glorify Jesus Christ. Forget about all my other rights....

Well, He continues to break me down and rebuild me. Dude, it stinking hurts, but if it brings me closer to Him, bring it on! Searching for how I keep Him first in my life and also pursue life fully at the same time. Clinging tightly to the promises He gives me and trusting Him to cause the rest to fall into place.
"Finally my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, powers, against the rulers of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace, above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints..."

1-My strength is solely in Jesus Christ.
2-The things I struggle with are spiritual things, whether they be feelings or insecurities, etc.
3-I want to be standing at the end of these battles. In the strength of Jesus Christ, it is possible.
4-Praying always. Once again, perseverance is emphasized. God is showing me so much about this word. Keep going. Never stop running the race He has set before us, always looking to Him.

Hmm, the concept of patience. Can be exasperating. I see the opportunity, it lines up with God's word, but one thing is holding it back. Ah, I want so much to run all out for it. Let's do this thing. I'm ready. Yet I'm being tied to a darn chair....:)

Labels: